What the world is not yet ready for

What the world is not yet ready for

Monday, August 20, 2012

Slender Man

Slender Man: A mysterious stick figure like creature haunting people lost in the woods.  Now I know you guys with access to the internet will probably be saying "But Blubbernugget, Slender Man was made up by some guy a few years ago!"  While correct you might be, Slender Man is an interesting "cryptid" to discuss, even if he may be fake.




This creature is often described as being fairly tall and inhumanly thin.  He is also said to have many arms(or tentacles in many cases).  In almost every sighting, he's wearing a suit.  I'm not sure why he's described as wearing a suit, but I'd like to think he got the idea from Barney Stinson.
Slendy has been spotted mainly chasing lost hikers or small children.  I don't know if there is any correlation between the two, but that's his main demographic nonetheless.  The game "Slender" has caused a big spike in his popularity, and centers around your character being chased by him while you find a bunch of pages in the woods.



This post wasn't the best I've done, but probably because instead of doing research and checking facts, I was busy hiding under the covers after hours of playing Slender Man related games.  After a while, I expected to find random pieces of paper taped to my walls and see well dressed monsters in my house.

"Honey, who's at the door?"

2 comments:

  1. Slenderman called, he wants his blubbernuggets back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went nearly 2 years without reading that, unfortunate, because that's funny.

      Delete